RUN, DON'T WALK
There will be a $5.00 late fee for single entry registrations after April 18, 2013.
Register before the 18th to ensure a T-Shirt!!
Texas Crab Festival 5K Fun Run Texas Crab Festival 5K Certified/Timed Run
Saturday May 10, 2014
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO REGISTER
Driftwood's 3rd Annual Charity Gumbo Cook-Off
- 2382 Sand Castle. Come on over and taste some delicious gumbo and enjoy live music throughout the afternoon.
April 26, 2014
Click for Application and Rules
Click here for application
Annual Award Banquet - Bolivar Beach Bash!
April 29th, 6:30pm, Stingaree
Please take time to submit your choice for Citizen, Educator,
Business and Volunteer of the Year - Entry deadline will be April 14th
Please click for Nomination Form
Date to be announced
Free Vision Screening
The Bolivar Peninsula Lions Club provides free vision screening once a month from 9 am to 12 pm. The next screening will be in High Island. Vision screening is done to identify possible vision problems; results may indicate a need for further assessment. For more information, call Brenda Flanagan, 409-684-3377
May 3, Texas Crab Festival Golf Tournament
First 72 golfers to enter will compete for the biggest Calcutta pool of the year in what always is a premier golf tournament on the Beach. Go by the Ranch (Crystal Beach Golf Course) or call Anne Willis at Swede's Real Estate to sign up. All proceeds go to the Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund.
Click for printable application
Texas Crab Festival Gumbo Cookoff
Texas Crab Festival Charity Gumbo Cook-off, May 10, 2014Keeping the “Crab” in the Crab Festival
We are looking for anyone and everyone to enter this year’s Charity Gumbo Cookoff. In keeping with the theme of the Festival, all entries will contain crab. The Gumbo Cookoff will feature a People’s Choice award along with winners selected by a panel of judges. Each team will be given a cooking area; all teams are responsible for bringing their own supplies for cooking. The Texas Crab Festival will provide sampling cups, napkins and judges’ sampling cups. There will be 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place trophies. All proceeds for the Texas Crab Festival Charity Gumbo Cook-off will be donated to the Lone Survivor Foundation, Crystal Beach Retreat Facility.
GUMBO COOKOFF ENTRY FORM
Texas Crab Festival Washers TournamentSaturday May 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm32 teams competing in a DOUBLE ELIMINATION Tournament
Entry fee $15.00 per TEAM (does not include entry to the festival)
1st Place – $200
2nd Place – $75
3rd Place – $45
The game will be played on 3-holed washer boards placed 8 feet apart. Players stand behind the board, for a throwing distance of 12 feet. Washers are 2.5 inches in diameter. The closest hole will be worth 1 point, the middle hole 3 points, and the furthest hole 5 points. Games will be played to 21 points. Teams must reach 21 EXACTLY. CLICK HERE for a complete set of Rules.
Sign up online
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - CALL MAC McDONALD 409-684-1829
Crab Fest 5K Fun Run
Kick off the Texas Crab Festival with a timed 5K Run around the Crab Festival certified course. Or join the fun with a 1K Walk. Get a T-shirt and entry to the Festival. Register Now.
Texas Crab Festival Wiener Dog Races
Friday May 9, 2014 at 7:00 pm
No Charge to Enter
Join the FUN and enter your wiener dog in the Texas Crab Festival Wiener Dog Races. This is an annual event at the crab festival and is a huge crowd-pleaser.
Trophies awarded for 1st Place - 2nd Place - 3rd Place
RULES and REGULATIONS
- All dogs must have proof of current rabies vaccine (tag or shot record).
- May bring your dog's favorite toy. (May not be bigger than 8 inches.)
- No food (human or dog food) or other pets are allowed in racetrack area.
- All dogs must be on a leash, and are allowed on the festival premises only for the duration of the race and race award ceremony.
- Owners are required to clean up their dog's "accidents". (Bags will be provided.)
- Dogs should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting/biting).
- Only one owner at the racetrack beginning, and only one at the finish area.
- No waving blankets or other large items at the start of the race.
Easy to enter:
Sign up online using the Entry Form below, or
Go by the Chamber of Commerce Office (1750 Hwy 87, Monday-Friday, 10-2), or
Enter at the Wiener Dog race station no later than 6:30 p.m. on day of race!
CLICK HERE to print entry form
There are 5 ways you can purchase beach stickers:
- On the beach: available for purchase 7 days a week from 8 am-7 pm; cash only on the beach.
- At a large variety of stores located on Bolivar.
- At the Fort Travis office: Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Address: 900 SH 87 Port Bolivar 77650 Phone: 409-684-1333 Email: [email protected]
- At the Galveston County Parks & Senior Services Administrative Office: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with cash or check. On-line – available at a later date. Phone: 409-934-8100.
- By mail – mail your payment (do not send cash via mail) we accept money orders and cashier’s checks and a self-addressed envelope to: Galveston County Parks & Senior Services, Attn: Parking Sticker Program, 4102 Main Street, La Marque, TX 77568 For more information – email us: [email protected]
- ATV/3 or 4 Wheeler/Golf Cart/Mule – Affix the sticker to the FRONT RIGHT SIDE of the GOLF CART/ATV
- Car/Motorhome/RV – Permanently affix the sticker to the INSIDE LOWER RIGHT SIDE of the vehicle’s front windshield.
Stickers are valid for one calendar year from January to December.
December 31st of the current sticker year.
There are no refunds on beach stickers.
STICKER PURCHASING LIMITS
Patrons can purchase as many stickers as they would like.
- Regular Price – Stickers may be purchased for $10 during the months of March through December.
Summer Gospel EXTRAVAGANZA and BAZAAR!
Bruce Haire has put together a wonderful line up for our SUMMER GOSPEL MUSIC EXTRAVAGANZA AND BAZAAR on June 14th! The performance schedule includes:
11:00-11:40 Exodus XV
11:50-12:10 Janet Leigh Davis
12:20-12:50 Big Thicket Blue Grass Boys
1:00-1:30 High Island Baptist Youth Choir
1:45-2:15 Zumba for Jesus
2:25-3:00 Community Church Band
3:10-3:30 Spring Memorial Baptist Duet
3:30-till? 3 Way Switch
Contact Linda C. Elissalde at 409-684-2634 or 409-256-1750 if you have any questions.
Click for more information on the Summer Gospel Extravaganza
CLICK FOR BOOTH SPACE FORM
Surf Conditions - Flag Warning System
The flags are located on the Highway in front of Kites Unlimited and the Remax Real Estate Office.
Businesses, please stop by the Chamber office between 10am-2pm to pick up your Surf Conditions cards.
Bolivar Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
2014 Chamber Meeting Schedule
Chamber meetings are generally held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at The Joe Faggard Community Bldg. However, this schedule is tentatively set. Times to be announced, time and dates may change to accommodate guest speakers.
FEBRUARY 4th at 5pm, Joe Faggard Community Center
APRIL 29th - Annual Awards Banquet - Stingaree at 6:30pm
JUNE 3rd at 5pm, Joe Faggard Community Center
AUGUST 5th at 5pm, Joe Faggard Community Center
OCTOBER 7th at 5pm, Joe Faggard Community Center
NOVEMBER 4th at 5pm, Joe Faggard Community Center
ADDING TO THE MEETING AGENDA: If you would like to add a topic to be discussed at an upcoming meeting you must submit in writing by the Thursday before scheduled meeting. Submit to: Chamber Office at 1750 Hwy 87 Crystal Beach, TX 77650. Or email [email protected]
Barefoot Bill’s American Grill - "Go Barefoot All Year Long"
We have added a Dinner Menu
Starting in May, we will have weekend specials and will be open until 9pm every Friday and Saturday
This Summer, we will have a special "bar" menu for Bamboo Beach Bar upstairs
Reserve our Banquet Room early for your special events!
We also have a lovely Meeting Room.
CLOSED EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 20TH
Lanette & Bill Pacheco (409-684-2626)
1021 Hwy 87, Crystal Beach, TX
Open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week!
Grilled Mahi Mahi w/ Lobster Thermidor!!!!
Happy Hour 3-6 Wed-Thur ***$2.00 Longnecks & $2.00 Stingaritas***!!!
*******Open Open Open!!!!!******
Crawfish, Crawfish Crawfish!!!!!
Softshell Crab Tacos!!!!
Check out our drink specials!!!
Live Music!! April 18, 2014 Rob Mehl!!!
Live Music!! April 19, 2014 Lincoln Durham!!!
Live Music!! April 19, 2014 John Evans!!!
Check out our drink specials!!!
Be sure to check out our website for hours & events:Visit our Website
Breakfast Saturday & Sunday
* Daily Lunch Specials *
Thursday Night - Steak Night
Friday Night - Chicken or Beef Fajitas
Saturday Night - Fish & Shrimp Fried, Baked Potato & Salad "Best Burgers on The Beach"
Tiki Limo Service 409-504-5276
FantaSea BBQ & Grill, 1951 Hwy 87, Gilchrist, TX. Karaoke beginning at 6pm every Friday and Saturday night.